Quilts, Veggies, Art, and Bikes
Things I can’t get enough of lately…
1. simple quilt designs. I’ll show you more of this project later..
2. The few things that are coming out of my garden.
3. Making Greek Salads with stuff that comes out of my garden + balsamic vinegar, feta+ olives
(disclaimer, only the tomatoes and Cukes are from the gardy)
4. This artist, and This cool plate with his work on it that I found at a local shop. I love the saying, it’s so simple, and powerful. This artist does his original work with cut paper. I love love LOVE it.
5. Biking. I used to absolutely hate, hate HATE it, but my Mom and Sister have been waaaaay into cycling for years, and I finally hopped on board, and I’m so glad I did. This weekend the three of us did a 28ish mile ride around the Twin cities, and let me tell you, it is far more interesting than riding in a car. It is really hard to describe how good it feels to feel the wind on your face, as the skylines of both St. Paul and Minneapolis rush by. Completely liberating, yet humbling, all at the same time.
The bicycle is the most civilized conveyance known to man. Other forms of transport grow daily more nightmarish. Only the bicycle remains pure in heart.
– Iris Murdoch, The Red and the Green