5 Things this Spring
5 things that have been a part of my life lately…
1. The Deck. Our first home project that requires more than a can of paint ( although it is requiring several of those). My dad has been sharing his expertise, and power tools with us, while we give our deck a facelift. Here is a before. I’ll share an after, well, after it’s all done.
Of course I had already knocked out a couple boards before I took the picture above, but it gives you an idea.
Here is working shot. Typical construction. One person doing all the work, while the other just stands around, ha!
2. My constant disaster of an art/sewing space. Is it possible to work on a sewing project without laying out EVERY. SINGLE. PIECE. of fabric you have? I can’t figure out how to avoid it.
3. Seam ripper: you evil genius, you dreaded foe! On one hand, you save projects that would otherwise be hopeless. On the other hand, your mere presence means something went horribly wrong. Whatever the case, I’ve been seeing alot of you, almost everytime I sit down at my sewing machine.
4. Art Crank in Minneapolis a few weeks ago. A whole event, devoted to bike art? Don’t mind if I dooooo! I brought back THIS adorable MN themed art. I could not figure out the artist after I bought it! ahh! If you are out there artist, help me out!
5. Electric Guitars. Mark and I both play guitar, and I usually only play acoustic, but I asked Mark to get me more comfortable playing my electric. ( Mark is an electric guitar genius in my opinion, one of the reasons I married him!) He helped me figure out the solo on this song by Dawes. I feel like when ever I learn a bit more about guitar, I appreciate the musicians I love even more. I love how that works.